Saturday, December 16, 2017

Let's talk about books, baby, let's talk about narrative and theme, let's talk about all the bad things and the good things that can be, let's talk about books.

Hello and welcome to my new blog!

A little about myself: I'm a former sailor in the merchant marine, I'm a returned peace corps volunteer (N daa be Ghana yuma ayii n-be Dagban ya'ali maa.), and I'm currently WWOOFing (volunteering on organic farms) in the US. I have completed NaNoWriMo (nanowrimo.org for the uninitiated) once, and plan to finish my book sometime in 2018.

The point of this blog is to give me a platform to discuss my weekly book, and also to get in the habit of writing regularly and on a schedule. This is easier said than done since I live in a place with iffy electricity at the moment.

A big bonus to my blog is one of our local book stores gives away pre-release books with $5 donations, so I'll mostly be talking about books that will come out in the next couple of months! Isn't that cool? Because I'm limiting myself to pre-release books, I am out of my comfort zone and don't have a whole lot of choice as far as what I'm reading and writing up. So far they've been pretty ace, so I have high hopes for this project.

Love you all, let's get to books!

-Bekah

2 comments:

Manfried the Man a graphic novel by Caitlin Major and Kelly Bastow

Manfried the Man is a graphic novel to be released 1 May 2018 Well, I wasn't exactly sure how to approach reviewing a graphic no...